Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm Baaaaaacccccckkkkk!

I've been absent. I'm so sorry. Not that there are many of you out there to care. However, I care. I have had some health issues going on that unfortunately are too personal to share with total strangers or the internet world. At this time, I'd rather leave it as "health issues".

My first entrance back into the running world was the 26.2 for Donna Marathon Relay last Sunday. I can honestly say that I ran a total of about 2 miles to train for my 5 mile leg. Oops. Maybe should have done more than that.

It went surprisingly well. I finished my 5 mile leg on the beach in an hour. Which is right on par with past running experiences. So, I was excited about that. Especially with my walking breaks.

My one issue was with the Galloway-ers. I was hunted down and left in the dust by the 5 hour pacer group. Semi demoralizing considering I was tired I couldn't keep up with their running. They would pass me, then I would catch up when they were walking. Then I would get behind and pretty soon...I couldn't catch up anymore. However, they did finish before 5 hours....sneaky people.

But, I did actually see Jeff Galloway finish....pretty cool!

I got the bug again. So, I went out running today. It was overcast at the start, and then started raining. I always thought people that ran in the rain were either crazy or hardcore. I'm now officially leaning towards crazy because if I hadn't been a mile and a half from home when it started, I would have stopped and gone home immediately. Conveniently, it started about 3 steps from my turn-around. No miles lost. Just my common sense.

I plan to train for some up-coming races if I can work them into my work schedule as well as my doctor-y stuff. I will run until he actually states that I need to stop.

2 comments:

Joggin' Momma said...

Welcome back Coastie Wife! You've been missed! Hope you are ok and your "health issues" are minor ones!

The Unexpected Runner said...

Welcome back! Hope you get some sun for your runs :)