Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Kids






So, I am a cat person. Hubby and I have the greatest cat in the world. I think so because he is so loving. He loves to be held and cuddled and kissed. Hubby likes him 'cause he acts like a dog. He fetches, sits on command (for treats only), follows you from room to room, etc. All in all, his mommy thinks he's perfect. Just not all that personable to people other than me.




But, we decided to get a puppy. She is 15 weeks and super cute. She's laid back, loves her loving, and is curious about her new home. She wants to love on and play with her big brother, but he wants nothing to do with her. He yells at her, and the other day while she was just sitting there, he walked right up to her and smacked her on the nose and then walked away. No claws. She didn't cry. So, I guess he's establishing that he's in charge. However, their interactions are pretty humerous.
We are very excited about our kids. But, since Hubby is underway this week, I have them to myself. Very much like having actual kids...to me anyway. No offense to you "real" mothers out there, I totally believe you all are saints.
Anyway, off to the vet for puppy's first visit!