Sunday, March 14, 2010

Give me back my hour...and noone gets hurt

Daylight Savings Time...man's creative way to make daylight happen at the time he wants it.

I read from a friend on Facebook that it's not so much saving time, but redistributing it. I whole-heartedly agree. It's a sham. If it worked so well, everyone would do it, but there are still those smart areas like Arizona or Indiana where people refuse to buy into the governments idea that changing the clock will make any bit of difference.

This morning, I have a perfect example as to why when we are doing it, it's done on a weekend, not on a work morning. I set my alarm clock forward last night before bed. I woke up this morning to my husband's alarm going off. I just happened to look at my clock to see what time it was and FREAKED thinking it was now 2 hours later than it was yesterday morning. So now, not only do they expect us to bump our clocks ahead, they make alarm clocks that will magically do it for you, but they don't tell you that. You are none the wiser and so the conspiracy begins to get you to wake up WAY before you are supposed to. A nice swift kick in the butt in the morning just before spring when people are tired and starting to drag because winter won't end. But, I beat them! I didn't actually set my alarm...so HA, I woke up at exactly the correct time without your conspiracy!

Now, I just need to keep the adrenaline rush going to get through my 12 mile run today. If I can do today, I should be good for the race in 2 weeks...minus my lack of training and 10 extra pounds...but that's a story for another day.

No comments: