Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Who knew running was a bloody sport.

So, funny story. Well, kinda funny. I've taken up running recently. I've been trying to make it to a 5K for a while, but the new goal is a 10K! This is great progress. However, I have run into a bit of a interesting problem. One of my left toes bleeds around the nail every time I run more than a mile or so. Usually it's only a little bit, nothing that really worried me, just pissed me off because I have to clean my sock. Last night, though, was a different story. I ran my 3 mile loop, came back home to stretch, looked at my shoe and it was SOAKED with blood. WTF! The weird part is that it never hurts, just bleeds. This was no different. I took my shoe off, looked at it, and learned that I now have a cut on the inside of one of my toes. So, I had to soak my sock, shoe, and the shoe insert (yes, I bled through this too).

Lifting today, due to that dilemma, was painful. Piece of crap running. Why did I decide to conquer you?

Speaking of lifting...I did my modified special workout from NROL4W Stage 1. I was tired and without motivation. So, I think it was crap. I thought I hated Mondays, apparently I hate Wednesdays more.

No comments: