Friday, March 20, 2009

Interesting Week



So, this week has been busy. Busy at work, not so busy in life, but it's been tiring.




I have had ZERO, and I mean ZERO energy this week. Keeping up on workouts has been forceful. I used to pop out of bed in the morning excited to go to the gym before work because that meant that after work I had time to just sit and enjoy the great weather. However, last week was raining and really shot my motivation for getting up in the AM. So, this week was spent trying to get back to my morning routine.




I was able to wake up, but not make it to the gym. That piece was done after work. I even had to bring my stuff with me to work so that I wouldn't stop home first. If I did that, I'd never make it to the gym.




Yesterdays workout was after work, but was much more productive. I was able to do my NROL4W Stage 2 B2 workout and run my 2 miles without too much difficulty. Partly, I believe, due to the fact that I broke my eating plan and ate some junk (beef enchiladas and cookies). My energy level felt normal again after that.




See, I've been doing this "clean eating" thing for the past 2 weeks to see if it helped my stomach issues. Well, it did. I never, NEVER, knew what it felt like to eat and not feel anything afterwards. I always had a harsh full feeling, loud, noisy, disgusting stomach sounds (I know, TMI), and pain....lots of pain. Gone! All of it! I have the occasional gurgle now, but gone!




Gone was the energy this week because of it too. Maybe not the quality of the food being the blame, but the amount. I wasn't eating enough. I'd get around 1500 - 1600 calories for the day tops. I'd finish the day, with only dinner left with 1100 calories eaten total. So, I think my body was craving more calories, and the only thing I could do at work was eat crap. So, I did. I am going to strive to eat things that are healthy but higher in calories. Like nut butters, avocado, olive oil, etc. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Today, I think I'm projected to be up to 1200 calories before dinner. My total calorie goal is 1900 - 2000 on days I don't workout and 2200 on days I do. I'd like to net right around 1800 - 1900. High enough to build muscle, IMO, but not so high as to make me gain weight.




So, here's to health, wealth, and happiness (the middle one being the one I don't have yet)! And, here's to a better me!

No comments: