Thursday, July 2, 2009

I am losing my mind!

I noticed on Tuesday that some post-its were missing from my desk. Now, normally post-its are not that important. However, these were given to me as a gift for graduating from nursing school and have been pretty-ing up my desk at home for the past few years. I have had no use for them since graduating. What does a nurse need with pink and purple heart shaped post-its. Now, of course, I do use them being that I am at a desk all day. And post-its come in handy!

But, they are missing in action. Someone stole them (or I lost them, whichever). I want them back. No one has returned them as of yet, despite my mass e-mail to my entire department pleading and offering a reward to get them back.

Well, yesterday I lost my cell phone too. Yikes! I need my cell phone. So, I assume since that's two ridiculously important (yes, post-its constitute ridiculously important) things lost in two days, it's probably me. I am losing my mind! I hate it when that happens. And, this is a secret, so shhhhh, it happens a lot.

I have been managing to keep to my running schedule pretty closely. Due to the Coastie being gone this week, I had to skip spinning because puppy is running my life right now. Poor thing with the tiny bladder and no control of it. Please tell me as dogs get older, if they are well trained, they no longer run your life. Because that would be fabulous.

I ran 3 miles yesterday on the treadmill...piece of crap, I mean, it was fun. Today was supposed to be another 3, but my legs were still sore from yesterday (left knee pain continues). Hopefully, I will get it in later today. Crazy running mom gets in today and my even crazier neighbors are picking her up from the airport. She'll be drinking wine before my meeting at work is over (the reason I'm not picking her up).

So, my running continues...and hopefully I will survive the race on Saturday. It is going to be HOT and HUMID. Yes, it deserves capital letters because it's that bad here right now. Why did I want to move to Texas again? Oh yeah, I like heat...supposedly. But, I didn't run before I moved here. I liked it much more when I was inside and inactive.

So, happy almost a holiday weekend to everyone! Be safe. Don't blow your hands off with fireworks. And stay cool!

No comments: