Monday, August 10, 2009

MIA, AWOL, and the Like

I have been an awful blogger, awful runner, and awful wife. Well, maybe not the last one, this is me we're talking about!

I have a plan! A woman with a plan! That happens to me a lot. I am a woman with a plan about 90% of the time. I am fantastic at planning. Not so fantastic about sticking to it, however. Note to self: work on that!

But, since I have a plan now, I do plan to stick to it. I got up this morning at the ungodly our of 4:30 AM. I made it to the gym. Was told by the Coastie to run for 10 minutes before my planned lifting session. That requires 2 pairs of shoes for 1 gym visit. That ratio is just off to me. I need my running shoes (the treadmill ones) and my lifting shoes. I do not see myself doing squats and step-ups in running shoes. It just sounds like it would kill the cusioning in them. No bueno! So, elliptical it was.

So, here's my workout:

10 min warmup on Elliptical (interval setting - cause that makes a difference when it's 10 minutes!)

15 squats @ Olympic Bar (45lb) x 2 sets

15 pushups
15 Seated Rows @ setting 4 (40 lb? - never have figured that out)
10 pushups
15 Seated Rows @ setting 4

15 Step-ups each leg @ Height of 6 stepper-riser thingys w/ 20 lbs total
12 Stability ball crunches w/ 8 lb Coreball
15 Step-ups each leg @ Height of 6 stepper-riser thingys w/ 20 lbs total
12 Stability ball crunches w/ 8 lb Coreball

So, yay for that! In other news...I lost my Polar HRM strap. Have the watch. My Garmin is the GREATEST! However, no bueno for inside. So, I have no idea how many calories I burned. Hopefully enough to burn off the bit of Movie Theater popcorn I ate yesterday.

P.S. Harry Potter Rocks!

No comments: