Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Biggest Loser as a motivator?

I'm The Biggest Loser's mos fanatical fan. I was going to say biggest, but totally not. Even in my own mind, I'm not that big. While watching, I did some thinking. Why are people so motivated by this show? Is it the screaming? Crying? Heart-wrenching stories? At the risk of alienating all....6 of my followers, I am going to tell you why I think it motivates so many people. And as you know, my opinion, really is the only one that matters. At least on my blog.

Biggest Loser motivates people because...

(wow, I feel like I'm back in 5th grade grammar coming up with a sentence)

I feel totally awful watching other people work out while I sit on my couch drinking wine. It doesn't bother me so much when I've worked out that day, but I (yet again) didn't sleep last night and thus (did I just use thus in an actual sentence?) did not wake up for the gym at 4 AM. And, due to puppy (awww) did not go to the gym after work.

I meant to go this evening when I put puppy to sleep....but, do I need to mention the wine again?

The first thing they did on the show was "run" a mile. ON THE BEACH! Good Gosh people. NBC execs...who do you think you are? That's just plain mean! I mean, a mile is tough (I know, I just crossed that milestone a year ago), but on the beach? "Do the words 'Cruel and unusual punishment' mean anything to you?" (Random movie quote...where was that from again?)

Anywho...after watching them run, I may have to drag my sorry butt out of bed in the morning to do my part to make myself feel better that people 3 times my size can do it and I am too lazy.

1 comment:

Alene said...

Hey girl,

I saw you follow the Janes Blog. I noticed the Coast Guard emblem. We are retired Coasties! Do you attend BAF?

Blessings to you and your hubby!